Background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rock Princess Skull Card

I was looking at my Rock Princess Cricut Cartridge this morning and was looking for something cute to make. This card is actually shown in the handbook on page 7 & 8. The directions are printed in the book but I am going to go ahead and write them down for you.

This is how you make this super cute skull card.

Materials needed:

Rock Princess Cartridge
Cardstock: Black, White, Gray, Light Pink, Medium Pink, Dark Pink, Pink Glitter & Pink Patterned.
Ribbon 1/2 yard of two black patterned and one pink. (I used two pink and one black)
Paper Trimmer
Foam Squares
Adhesive
The skull & bow are on page 68, the cross bones is on page 69, the phrase Rebel is on page 58. 

Step one: Cut one 12" x 6" block of black cardstock. Fold in half to create card base.
Cut one 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" block of pink patterned paper cardstock.
Tie ribbons around the block as shown. Adhere to card front using foam squares.

Step two: Cut one 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" block of black cardstock. Cut one 4" x 4" block of pink glitter cardstock. Layer together. Adhere to card front using foam squares.

Step three: Cut skull. Using gray cardstock, cut one 3" <skull1>. Repeat cut using white cardstock and Layer 1 feature. Repeat cut using light pink cardstock and Layer 2 feature. Repeat cut using black cardstock and Shadow feature. Using black cardstock, press Shift and cut one 3" <skull1-s>. Repeat cut using dark pink cardstock and Layer 1 feature. Repeat cut using medium pink cardstock and Layer 2 feature. Layer together using adhesive and foam squares. Adhere to card as shown.

Step four: Cut REBEL. Using black cardstock, select Phrase feature and cut one 2' <Headphns>. Using dark pink cardstock, select Phrase feature, press Shift, and cut one 2" <Hdphns-s>. Repeat cut using gray cardstock and Shadow feature. Layer together. Adhere to card as shown using foam squares.


This card was really fun to make. I actually made 2 at one time. I also used a little baby pink button for the center of the bow on the skull. I think it made it alot cuter. You could use glitter, a pink gem (I ran out of these so that is why I used the button). I also ran the black block of cardstock through the cuttlebug using one of the embossing plates. I am sorry that I do not know the exact name of it but it has alot of swirly flowers and a heart in the center. If you have any questions please let me know and I will do what I can to help. Have fun!

No comments: