Background

Monday, October 11, 2010

Pinwheel Card

This next card I wanted to share is called a Pinwheel Card. I used the Wild Card Cricut Cartridge to cut this card out. I used the blackout feature because if you use the other it will cut out with circles on the front. This card was cut at size 6 1/2 real dial size. 
The finished size ends up being around 4 x 5 1/2


Here is how you make this card:


Take your choice of colored cardstock or patterned paper, cut out at 6 1/2" on real dial size.
Cut out the Circle using the Liner key. Do NOT hit shift.
I used regular black card stock and cut out the pinwheel card then took my patterned paper and cut the card out again. I used the patterned paper as a mat. The main reason I did it this way was so the circles on the front lined up perfectly.
I then took another paper and cut it 2 x 4" and placed that on the bottom.
Take ribbon and cover the seams of your paper, tie a bow and adhere it with zots or other adhesive.
Cut Scalloped Circle using the Frame Button
Stamp 4 images on the pinwheel. I used these little stamps by Dots.
The images I used are.. a birdhouse, saying "Thinking of you", a country heart and another saying "From the heart".
I took some off white cardstock, same color as the pinwheel and cut it 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 and adhered it to the inside. Then I stamped a sentiment. The saying I happened to use is" "Life's Truest happiness is found in the friendships we make along the way".


Supplies:


Cricut
Cricut Wild Card Cartridge
The patterned paper I used is by KC & Company
Regular Green Cardstock for envelope
The Stamps..Dots & Fiskars Friends Forever Quotes
Green Grosgrain Ribbon
Zots
Green Brad
Glitter Scalloped Circle


Thank you so much for looking. Use your imagination and have fun. I would love to hear your comments and would love to see your finished card.


No comments: